How to Plan a Family Vacation in Egypt
Travel to Egypt With Children is a great destination for families who want to enjoy a mix of history, culture, and nature. If you wish to see the pyramids, cruise the Nile, or relax on the beach, Egypt has something for everyone. However, planning a family vacation in Egypt can be challenging, especially if you have different ages and interests in your group. Here are some tips and answers to frequently asked questions to help you plan a successful and memorable family vacation in Egypt.
Is Egypt A Good Destination For Families
Yes, Egypt is a good destination for families, as it offers a variety of activities and experiences that can suit different tastes and preferences. You can learn about ancient history and civilization at the museums and archaeological sites, enjoy the scenic views and wildlife on the Nile cruise, have fun and adventure in the desert and the Red Sea, and experience the local culture and cuisine in the cities and villages. Egypt is also a relatively affordable destination, with many options for accommodation, transportation, and tours that can fit your budget.
Is Egypt Suitable For Seniors
Yes, Egypt is suitable for seniors, as long as they are in good health and have no mobility issues. Most of the attractions in Egypt are accessible by car or bus, and some guides and assistants can help you along the way. However, some places may require walking on uneven terrain or climbing stairs, such as the pyramids, the Valley of the Kings, or the temples. You should also be aware of the weather conditions, especially the heat and the sun, and drink plenty of water and wear sunscreen. If you have any medical conditions or special needs, you should consult your doctor before traveling and bring your medication and prescriptions.
When is the best time to visit Egypt?
The best time to visit Egypt is from October to April when the weather is cooler and more comfortable. Avoid the peak season of December and January, when higher prices and crowds are larger. The summer months of May to September are very hot and dry, making sightseeing difficult and unpleasant. However, if you don’t mind the heat, you can find cheaper deals and fewer tourists during this time.
How Many Days Should I Stay in Egypt?
The answer to this question depends on how much you want to see and do in Egypt. A typical itinerary for a family vacation in Egypt would cover the main attractions of Cairo, Luxor, Aswan, and Hurghada in about 10 to 14 days. However, you can extend or shorten your trip according to your interests and budget. For example, you can add more days to explore other destinations, such as Alexandria, Sharm El Sheikh, or Siwa Oasis, or skip some places if you want to focus on one or two regions.
What Can I Expect to Do on A Nile Cruise?
A Nile Cruise is one of the best ways to experience the beauty and history of Egypt. You can sail along the longest river in the world on a traditional felucca or a luxury boat, and stop at various ancient sites. You can visit the temples of Karnak and Luxor, the Valley of the Kings, the Temple of Hatshepsut, the Colossi of Memnon, the Temple of Kom Ombo, the Temple of Edfu, the Temple of Philae, and the Aswan High Dam. You can also enjoy the scenic views of the riverbanks, watch the sunset over the water, see crocodiles and birds on the islands, and experience the local culture and cuisine on board.
Safety And Health of My Family During Trip to Egypt
Egypt is generally a safe and hospitable country, but you should still take some precautions to avoid any problems or risks during your trip. Here are some tips on how to stay safe and healthy in Egypt :
- Follow the travel advice from your government and avoid any areas affected by political unrest or violence. You can check the latest updates and warnings on their websites or apps.
- Be aware of scams and touts that may try to overcharge you or sell you fake products or services. Do not accept any offers or invitations from strangers, and always negotiate the price before agreeing to anything. You can also ask your hotel or tour operator for recommendations or referrals.
- Be careful of pickpockets and thieves that may target tourists in crowded or busy places. Keep your valuables and documents safely, or carry them in a hidden pouch or bag. Refrain from flaunting your money or jewelry or leaving your belongings unattended.
- Drink only bottled water and avoid ice cubes or tap water. The water quality in Egypt could be better and may cause stomach problems or infections. You should avoid raw or uncooked food, such as salads, fruits, or seafood, and only eat at reputable restaurants or hotels.
- Bring sunscreen, insect repellent, and medication for common ailments. The sun in Egypt can be very strong and cause sunburns or heat strokes. You should also protect yourself from mosquitoes and other insects that may carry diseases such as malaria or dengue fever. You should also bring medication for headaches, diarrhea, nausea, or allergies and any prescription drugs you need.
Souvenirs And Gifts from Egypt
Egypt has a rich and diverse culture and produces many unique and beautiful souvenirs and gifts you can buy for your family and friends. Here are some of the most popular items that you can find in the markets and shops of Egypt:
- Papyrus paintings: Papyrus is an ancient paper-like material used by the Egyptians to write and draw on. You can buy colorful paintings of various scenes from Egyptian mythology, history, or nature on papyrus sheets.
- Alabaster statues: Alabaster is a soft stone carved into statues of gods, pharaohs, animals, or other figures. You can find alabaster statues of various sizes and shapes in many souvenir shops.
- Spices: Egypt has a variety of herbs that are used in its cuisine and medicine. You can buy condiments in the spice markets or bazaars, such as cumin, coriander, cinnamon, saffron, turmeric, cardamom, cloves, nutmeg, or ginger.
- Perfumes: Egypt is famous for its perfumes made from natural oils and essences of flowers, fruits, herbs, or wood. You can buy perfumes in bottles or vials of different shapes and colors in the perfume shops or stalls.
- Jewelry: Egypt has a long tradition of making jewelry from gold, silver, copper, brass, or beads. You can buy jewelry such as necklaces, bracelets, earrings, rings, or pendants with various designs and motifs inspired by Egyptian culture.
Why do you book with Sun Pyramids Tours?
1) Expertise and Experience: Sun Pyramids Tours has a wealth of 53 years of experience in the travel and tourism industry.
2) Customized Itineraries: Sun Pyramids Tours offers tailored itineraries to suit your preferences. Whether you’re interested in historical sites, cultural immersion, or adventure activities, we can design a tour that matches your interests.
3) Local Connections and Insider Access: Sun Pyramids Tours can provide you with unique opportunities and insider access to attractions and experiences that may not be easily accessible to independent travelers.
4) Hassle-Free Planning: Sun Pyramids Tours can take the stress out of planning your trip. We handle all the logistics, including accommodations, transportation, and guided tours, with competitive pricing. Relax and enjoy your vacation without worrying about the details.
5) Customer Satisfaction: Sun Pyramids Tours prides itself on providing excellent customer service and ensuring customer satisfaction. They strive to meet and exceed your expectations, making your trip enjoyable and memorable. Add trip advisor reviews, Facebook page reviews, etc.
6) Safety and Security: Sun Pyramids Tours prioritizes the safety and security of their guests. We work with trusted partners, adhere to safety guidelines, and provide support throughout your journey to ensure a safe and comfortable travel experience.